Getting an error message with a clear reason is one thing, but it’s annoying when the error message reads “Something went wrong“. It does not tell the underlying problem and often people end up scratching their heads as they can’t figure out the actual problem. Some Battlefield 2042 players have also reported the same – Something went wrong – error on PS5. If you are in the same boat, keep reading this guide to know effective solutions.
Battlefield 2042 is a popular first-person shooter video game with mixed reviews (mostly negative) on Steam. It’s probably because the game keeps running into problems, which results in a negative gaming experience that nobody wants.
If you keep getting Something went error on Battlefield 2042 on your PS5, fret not. We have some working fixes that should resolve this error from your console.
Fix Battlefield 2042 Something Went Wrong Error on PS5
We have jotted down the solutions below. You may not have to go through all of them. Simply, apply a fix and check if the problem is resolved. If yes, skip other solutions. However, if the problem persists, repeat the exercise with other solutions until the problem is fixed.
First things first, make sure you have a stable and fast internet connection. An unstable network might result in Something went wrong error. Try rebooting the router, connect your PS5 to the internet, and check if the problem is fixed.
1. Check PlayStation Network Service Status
Although it’s uncommon, PS servers may be down. This could be the reason you’re getting Something went wrong error while playing Battlefield 2042. When the servers are down, the game won’t launch or it would cause other issues.
Go to the PSN service status page, if any of the services are down (showing a big red dot), it’s better to wait for 1-2 hours while the engineers work on it.
2. Update Your Console’s System Software
If something went wrong error hasn’t been resolved, try updating your PS5’s system software. The latest software version may include a fix for this issue.
Follow these steps to update your PS5 console:
- Go to your PS5’s Settings.
- Select System and tap System Software.
- Tap on System Software Update & Settings.
- Click Update System Software and tap on Update Using Internet.
- Finally, tap on Update.
3. Rebuilt Database
Sometimes a corrupted database might cause something went wrong error on PS5. Try rebuilding the database to fix all sorts of database issues on your device.
Follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS5 console.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. It will boot your console into Safe Mode.
- Connect your DualSense controller to your PS5 console via USB.
- Press the PS button on your controller.
- Select the Rebuild Database option.
Rebuilding the database does not delete any game and their data. So, you can safely try this fix without worrying about your game data.
4. Reinstall the Game
If you are still struggling to fix Something went wrong error in Battlefield 2042 on your PS5, try reinstalling the game. The problem could be occurring due to missing or corrupted game files. Therefore, reinstalling the game could fix it.
- Open the Game Library on your console.
- Select Battlefield 2042 and press the X on your controller.
- Select Delete to uninstall the game.
- Visit Game Library again.
- Find and tap on Battlefield 2042 and select Download.
5. Reset Your PS5
You can try resetting your PS5 console as the last resort before contacting the game developers. It should fix all system issues and bugs.
Important to Note:
Resetting your PS5 console will remove all data on the console. Therefore, back up your data to an external device or the PS cloud before going ahead.
Steps to reset your PS5:
- Turn off your PS5.
- Press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps. This should boot your PS5 into Safe Mode.
- Connect your DualSense controller to the console via USB.
- Press the PS button on the controller to pair the two devices.
- Select Reset PS5 (Reinstall System Software) and follow the on-screen instructions.
After resetting your PS5, set up the device, download the game, and enjoy it without bothering about any errors.
Wrapping It Up
Something went wrong errors are annoying as you don’t have a clear idea of what to fix here. It could occur due to game file issues, internet connection issues, or problems with PS5 firmware. Hopefully, one of the fixes from this article helped you in fixing this issue.