I really like Samsung’s One UI skin. It’s loaded with cool features and a lot of customization. However, one feature I miss the most is the app lock. But, there’s an easy for out. In this guide, I will tell you how to lock apps in Samsung Galaxy S21 FE.
While most smartphone manufacturers including Xiaomi, Oppo, and Vivo have a built-in app lock feature, Samsung is yet to bring this to their phones. Although the device has Secure Folder, which can be used to create a separate private space, the app locker serves a different purpose.
Also Read: How to Delete Secure Folder Without Password
When you hand over your phone to your children or someone but don’t want a specific app to be accessed by them, you can put a lock and stop worrying about your important files.
To lock apps on your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE, you can use an app locker or a launcher with a built-in app lock feature. Below we have listed some of the best app lockers and launchers that serve this purpose.
2 Methods to Lock Apps in Your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
Since Samsung Galaxy phones do not have a built-in app lock, we’ve to rely on third-party apps. There are hundreds of such apps on the Google Play Store and we’ve picked some of the best for you to try.
1. Using An App Locker
You can download an app lock software from the Google Play Store and use it to lock apps. However, not all apps can be trusted. They might take additional permission and access data from your device. So, we have done the research and picked some of the best for you.
I would recommend “Norton App Lock”. You may have already heard the word “Norton”. Yes, it’s one of the most popular antivirus software. They have an Android app locker on the Google Play Store.
In my tests, the app did the job. And therefore, I’m recommending it here. Download the app from the Google Play Store. Launch it and allow necessary permissions. Then, set the pattern/password and lock your favorite apps.
Here are the steps:
- Download the Norton App Lock from Play Store and launch it.
- Tap on Agree & Launch.
- Click Setup and tap on Installed apps.
- Select Norton App Lock Service and turn it on. Tap Allow.
- Go back to the app and set your pattern. You can click SWITCH TO PASSCODE to create a 4 digit passcode.
- Choose your Google account to reset your passcode in case you forget it and click Continue.
- You will see all the apps on your phone. Tap on the app to lock it.
There’s another way to lock apps on your Samsung Galaxy phone. Check the next method.
2. Using a Launcher
There are several third-party launchers with a built-in app lock feature. Refresh your experience with a new home screen layout. Plus, you also get new features.
Apex Legends is one of the best launchers with an app lock feature. It has been downloaded over 10 million times on the Google Play Store and has a food overall rating of 4.2/5.
- Download Apex Launcher from the Google Play Store.
- Launch it and complete the initial setup.
- Set it as a default launcher.
- Tap on Apex Settings and click App Lock.
- Select the app you want to lock and click PROTECT.
- Set your unlock pattern or pin and click CONFIRM.
- Tap on CONFIRM and click Grant.
- Enable Apex Launcher to allow data usage access and click CONFIRM.
Your selected apps are now locked.
If you want to switch back to One UI or change to any other launcher, go to Settings > Apps > Choose default apps > Home app and select your launcher.
Wrapping It Up
Locking your important apps is crucial to protect others’ access to your important files. Sadly, Samsung Galaxy phones lack an app lock. However, there are plenty of app lockers on the Google Play Store. Even, some third-party launchers have a built-in app lock feature. We have mentioned the best ones in this article. Check them out and safeguard your important apps.
You May Also Like to Read:
1. How to Add Philo to LG Smart TV?
2. How to Download Videos From Private Telegram Channel
3. How to Switch Chrome Profile on Android