Lost Ark is a hugely popular free-to-play action RPG game. Although the game garnered all time positive reviews on Steam, recent reviews have not been overwhelming. Players have to deal with all kinds of errors. Recently, many players have reported that Lost Ark gets stuck on game entry narration. If you happen to be one of them, keep reading this guide to know the reasons and ways to fix it.
“I opened up my game after updating, and it leaves me with this screen that says as the title of the topic says. Everytime i click to continue it, nothing happens, ive tried restarting my game but to no avail, does anyone else have a similar issue.“, a user wrote in the Lost Ark forum.
Whether Lost Ark gets stuck on game entry narration or in the middle of the game, this guide has the solutions you’re looking for.
Why Does Lost Ark Get Stuck on Game Entry Narration?
These are common reasons why the game may get stuck:
- Servers are under maintenance.
- The game files are corrupted or missing.
- Outdated or corrupted graphics driver
- Windows Firewall or antivirus is blocking the game
How to Fix Lost Ark Stuck on Game Entry Narration?
Try these solutions one by one until you find the one that spells out success for you.
1. Make Sure Your PC Meets the Requirements
If you have just bought and installed Lost Ark and the game keeps getting stuck on the narration screen, make sure your PC meets the requirements.
Lost Ark is a resource-eating game. To smoothly play this game, you’ll require a high-end PC. Check out the screenshot below to see the minimum and recommended requirements.
2. Update Your Graphics Driver
Running an older or corrupted graphics driver often results in the game getting stuck. The older graphics are not very well optimized for new games, and therefore more chances of getting into problems. You should therefore have the latest graphics driver on your PC for the best gaming experience.
Steps to update the graphics driver on PC:
1. Press Windows + X buttons together and select Device Manager.
2. Expand Display Adapters.
3. Right-click on your graphics driver and select Update driver.
4. Tap on Search automatically for drivers.
Windows will now search for a new graphics driver. If available, follow-on screen instructions to update the driver.
Windows’s automatic driver update method is pretty inconsistent. I have observed, it shows the best drivers are already installed, even when a new version is available. That’s why we recommend downloading the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer’s website and installing it manually.
Keeping drivers up to date can be a daunting task. If you feel the same, you can use one-click driver updater software such as DriverFix, Driver Easy, and DriversCloud.
3. Check Lost Ark Server Status
If Lost Ark is still getting on game entry narration, probably the servers are busy or under maintenance. Lost Ark servers often go under maintenance to make improve the server and make other required changes.
If you try to play Lost Ark when the servers are busy or upgrading, the game won’t connect to the servers. It may get stuck on any screen or during the gameplay.
Visit the Lost Ark server status page to check the current status of all servers.
If the server status is busy, full, or maintenance, you should play the game after a few hours. However, if the server is working fine but the game still gets stuck, you need to try more solutions.
4. Check CPU and Memory Usage
Lost Ark or any other game will not load if there are not enough system resources. It happens when there are a lot of active background processes. You would want to free up RAM by closing unnecessary background processes. It will also reduce CPU usage and the game should load smoothly thereafter.
Press Windows + X buttons together and select Task Manager. Go to the Performance tab and check the CPU and Memory usage. If they are above 70-80%, go to the Processes tab, right-click on an unnecessary app, and select End task.
After freeing up system resources, launch Lost Ark to check if the problem is fixed.
5. Clear Steam Download Cache
If the problem persists, try clearing Steam download cache.
- Launch the Steam app on your PC.
- Tap on Steam in the top-left corner and select Preferences from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Downloads tab.
- Click CLEAR DOWNLOAD CACHE.
6. Repair the Game Files
If the game does not get past the narration screen, there might be an issue with the game files. Fortunately, Steam has the option to repair the game files. It will automatically find the corrupted files and repair them.
- Launch Steam on your PC.
- Go to Steam Library and right-click on Lost Ark.
- Select the Properties option.
- Tap on LOCAL FILES from the left-side menu.
- Click Verify integrity of game files.
Wait for Steam to repair the game files and then restart your PC.
7. Update the Game
If you haven’t recently updated Lost Ark, you are missing out on a lot of improvements and bug fixing. Update the game to check if the latest version fixes the Lost Ark stuck on game entry narration problem.
To update Lost Ark, follow these steps:
- Launch Steam and go to Library.
- Tap on Lost Ark. If an update is available, it will show prompt you to update the game.
- Hit the Update button.
8. Allow Your Game Through the Firewall
Firewall could be blocking game files, causing the game to stuck on the narration screen. You should allow the game to pass through the firewall.
1. Type Windows Security in the Windows search box at the bottom and hit Enter.
2. Tap on Firewall and network protection.
3. Click Allow an app through firewall.
4. Tap on Change settings.
5. Scroll down to find Lost Ark. Check both the Private and Public boxes next to it.
6. Click OK.