Downloading Telegram videos to your device lets you view videos without the internet. If the video is important or you’re going to watch it multiple times, downloading it is a good approach. In this step-by-step guide, I’ll share 3 Telegram video download methods.
Telegram offers unlimited cloud storage, that too, with a higher upload limit. I use it to store large files and free up my phone. A lot of file sharing happens on the platform.
Sometimes, you may need to download Telegram video, which can be tricky for some users. But worry not; I’ve mentioned all the steps along with screenshots for better understanding.
How to Download Telegram Videos in 3 Ways
Whether you’re an Android or PC user, these 3 Telegram download video methods work.
Method 1: Download Telegram Video Using ‘Save to Gallery’ Option
You can download videos from Telegram using the app itself. It is one of the quickest and easiest ways to save Telegram videos.
Here are all the steps to follow:
[For Android, iPhone]
1. Launch Telegram and enter the chat where you received the video.
2. Tap the three-dot icon on the video and click Save to Gallery. If you’re an iPhone user, tap on Save Video instead.
The video will be saved to your gallery. Open the gallery app (Android) or the Photos app (iPhone) to find the video.
1. Launch the Telegram app on your computer.
2. Open the chat where you received the video.
3. Right-click on the video and choose Save as.
4. Select the folder where you want to save the Telegram video.
That’s how easily you can download videos from Telegram.
If you don’t see the “Save to Gallery”, “Save Video”, or “Save as” option, it means the sender has restricted others from saving the video. But, still, there’s a trick to download that video. Check out how to download Telegram private videos.
Method 2: Download Telegram Video Using a Bot
Bots make Telegram more exciting and popular by performing various tasks. From creating your schedule and sending weather updates to downloading videos, Telegram bots are super helpful.
In this method, we’ll use a Telegram bot (Direct Link Generator) to generate a download link for Telegram videos. You can then paste this link into a browser to download videos.
1. Add Direct Link Generator bot to your Telegram account.
2. To use this bot, you must join the Bot X Updates channel, which will notify you about any changes and new bots.
3. Copy the video link from a Telegram group or channel. For this, tap on the three-dot icon on the video and click Copy Link. On PC, right-click on the video and click Copy Post Link.
4. Send the link to the Direct Link Generator bot. It will generate a download link for the video.
5. Tap on the Download Link button and click Open.
6. You can now download or watch the video.
Method 3: Download Telegram Video Using Online Downloaders
Another easy method of saving Telegram videos is by using online downloaders. There are dozens of websites you can use to download Telegram videos. You just need to copy and paste the video link on one of these websites.
So, that’s how you can save Telegram video to your device.
How to Automatically Save Telegram Videos to Gallery
Manually saving each Telegram video can be time-consuming if you receive a lot of videos. Instead, you can instruct Telegram to save all videos to the gallery for you.
Here’s how to do it:
1. Launch the Telegram app.
2. Tap on three horizontal bars (hamburger menu) in the upper-left corner and select Settings.
3. Tap on Data and Storage.
4. Enable Save to Gallery for options where you want videos to save in the gallery automatically. Tap on an option to set the maximum video size.
Now, future videos will automatically download and save to the gallery.
Downloading Telegram videos should not be tricky if you follow the correct steps from this guide. I showed you three Telegram download video methods. All methods are easy and work 100%.
If you face any difficulties, write in the comments below. I’ll get back to you at the earliest.
More on Telegram:
1. Telegram Videos Not Saving to Gallery [3 Solutions]
2. How to Download Videos From Private Telegram Channel
3. How to See Downloaded Files in Telegram
4. How to Identify Fake Telegram Groups and Channels