Smart TVs are susceptible to a range of problems that can hinder your viewing experience. We’ll talk about one such common problem where the picture is either too small or too large for the TV screen. Several Insignia TV owners have reported that the TV only shows a small picture in the corner. Are you also facing a similar issue? If yes, keep reading this guide as we’ll tell you some effective ways to fix it.
If the image or video does not fit your TV’s screen, there could be something wrong with the display resolution settings. This problem is called image distortion. It can also occur due to a faulty HDMI cable or a faulty screen. Sometimes the problem is limited to a single channel, hence change the channel and check if the problem is fixed. You may have unknowingly turned on PIP mode, which shows the picture in a small window.
Now that we have some understanding of the problem, it’s time to go through the solutions.
Here’s How to Fix If Your Insignia TV Shows Small Picture
If your Insignia TV is showing a small rectangular picture, try the fixes we have mentioned below. Keep testing the methods and see which one spells out success for you.
1. Disable the PIP Mode
Picture-in-Picture (PIP) mode lets users watch a video in a small window. As soon as you enable the PIP mode, the TV starts playing the current channel or video in a small rectangular window. Many Insignia TVs have the PIP button on the remote. If not on the Insignia TV remote, look for the PIP button on the cable TV remote and press it to turn off the PIP mode.
2. Restart Your TV
There could be a software bug or minor system glitch in your smart TV causing problems with the video. Restarting the device often fixes these common issues.
To restart your TV, unplug the TV from the wall socket for at least 5 minutes. Now, plug the power cable back in and press the power button on the remote to turn on the TV. Check if it can fix the problem.
3. Incorrect Display Settings
If your Insignia TV is still facing a distorted image problem, it’s likely because of incorrect display settings, which you need to change. Using the remote, go to Insignia TV’s settings page and look for picture size or screen resolution settings. Choose a new picture size or resolution.
4. Factory Reset Your TV
A factory reset is most likely to fix the picture size issue on your Insignia TV. After doing a factory reset, your smart TV will change all the settings to their default value. Also, all the apps that you may have installed will be removed.
Steps to factory reset your Insignia TV:
- Press the Home button on the remote to open the menu options.
- Select Settings and press the right arrow on your remote.
- Now, select System and press the right arrow once again.
- Go to the Advanced Settings option and press the right arrow to select it.
- Select Factory Settings and press the Okay button on your remote.
If the above method does not reset your Insignia TV, try these steps:
- Unplug the TV from the wall outlet.
- Press and hold the power button on the remote.
- While holding the power button, plug the TV back into the outlet.
- Leave the power button when you see the power options on the screen.
- Navigate to the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds to select the factory reset option.
- Select Yes to begin the factory reset process.
- Now, hold down the power button until the highlighted bar turns green.
- After the reset is complete, click the Reboot System option.
I hope this guide was useful to you in fixing the small picture on your Insignia TV. If you’re still facing the problem, it’s likely because of some issues with the HDMI cable (if you use it) or the screen. First, try to replace the HDMI cable. If it doesn’t work, contact Insignia TV support to get the device fixed.