The Legends of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom has got the stunning reviews the makers were hoping for. The game is exclusive to Nintendo Switch consoles and makes have no plans to release it for PC and other platforms. Thanks to Nintendo Switch emulators, PC users can also enjoy this thrilling action-adventure game.
Yuzu, a popular Nintendo Switch emulator for PC, seems to be having trouble launching Tears of the Kingdom. The issue has been reported by a lot of players. Fortunately, there’s a quick fix to this issue. If you have been affected by the same problem, you have landed on the right page.
In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through some effective solutions to fix the Tears of the Kingdom not launching or working problem on PC.
Why Tears of the Kingdom Not Launching or Working On Yuzu on Your PC?
Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (ToTK) may not load on Yuzu because of these reasons:
- Limited PC hardware: If your PC has very limited RAM (let’s say 2GB), the game might fail to launch or crash. You would want to upgrade your PC.
- Temporary System Glitches: When there are a lot of processes running in the background, new processes may fail to get memory. Sometimes, the game does not launch due to minor system glitches. Closing Yuzu and launching it again should do the job.
- Incorrect prod.keys: If you have placed incorrect prod.keys and title.keys, the game might not launch. Make sure you are using the correct ones.
- Outdated Yuzu app: Yuzu is regularly updated with new improvements and bug fixing. Recently, an update was rolled out containing several improvements for Tears of the Kingdom. If you are using an older Yuzu, issues are likely to occur.
Most likely one of these reasons is contributing to Tears of the Kingdom not working on Yuzu problem. Let’s now move our focus to the troubleshooting methods.
Fix Tears of the Kingdom Not Launching on Yuzu Problem
Apply the solutions one by one in the same order until the problem is fixed.
Solution 1: Update the Yuzu Emulator
First things first, you should update the Yuzu emulator. As we mentioned earlier, Yuzu is recently updated to improve Tears of the Kingdom’s performance on PC. The updates also contain fixes to known issues.
You should therefore update the emulator to check if the latest version fixes the Tears of the Kingdom not launching problem.
To update Yuzu, go to the Yuzu official website, and download the latest version.
Solution 2: Restart Your PC
If there are already a lot of processes running on your PC, the game might not launch because of low system resources. Restart your PC to free up the resources and then try launching the game.
If the game launches afterward, great. However, if the problem persists, you would want to check other solutions.
Solution 3: Reinitialize Keys
The keys you have previously used might be causing the problem. You can try reinitializing the keys to fix the Tears of the Kingdom not working issue.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Launch Yuzu on your PC.
- Tap on Tools and select Reinitialize keys from the drop-down options.
- Click OK to reinitialize the keys.
If Tears of the Kingdom does not launch afterward, try these Prod keys:
- Download the prod.keys file by clicking here.
- Copy the file.
- Launch Yuzu on your computer.
- Tap on File in the upper-left corner and select Open Yuzu Folder.
- Open the Keys folder.
- Paste the prod.keys file here.
- A prompt will appear. Select Replace the file in the destination.
- Close Yuzu and launch it again.
Solution 4: Use A Different Emulator
If you still can’t play Tears of the Kingdom on Yuzu, probably your PC does not meet Yuzu’s hardware requirements. Or, there might be a software bug preventing the game load.
You can try switching to the Ryujinx emulator. This emulator can work on low-end devices and we have seen fewer complaints from users compared to Yuzu. So, it’s definitely worth a try. It’s 100% free.
You can download the Ryujinx emulator from the official website.