After months of testing, the WhatsApp screen sharing feature is finally here. It was initially available for beta testers, and now rolling out publicly to Android, iOS, and Windows users. The screen sharing feature on WhatsApp works pretty well, but not all users are happy about it. Some say the WhatsApp screen share is not showing or not working. Thankfully, there’s a quick fix to this problem I have discussed in this article.
If WhatsApp screen share is not showing, update the app from the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS). If the problem persists, try other solutions.
Suppose you want to guide someone on how to use a particular app. Rather than making a video and sending him, you can just share your screen with the person. There are plenty of cool ways to use WhatsApp screen share feature, which I’ll talk about in this article. But before that, let’s take a look at the effective solutions to fix the WhatsApp screen share not working problem.
If you can’t find the screen share option in WhatsApp, probably you have not updated the app recently. Or, your device may have glitches. Try the solutions below and start sharing your screen on WhatsApp.
WhatsApp screen sharing option only shows up during a video call. You won’t find it under Settings or chat options.
1. Update WhatsApp
Whenever a new feature is rolled out, the very first thing you should do is update the WhatsApp app on your device. The latest features are tied to the latest version. Hence, running an older version won’t show you new features.
If you can’t see the WhatsApp screen share icon on a video call, hang up the call, and update the app. If you are an Android user, go to Google Play Store, search for WhatsApp, and hit the Update button.
On iPhone, launch the App Store, search for WhatsApp, and tap on the Update button. Alternatively, you can go to App Store > Profile and tap on Pending Updates to see new versions available for download.
2. Ask the Other Person to Update WhatsApp
Updating WhatsApp on your phone alone is not enough to start using the screen share feature. If you still can’t see the icon on a video call, probably the other person hasn’t updated WhatsApp on their device.
To use WhatsApp screen share, you and the other person on the video call should be running the latest version of WhatsApp. So, if it isn’t working, make sure the other person on the call has updated the app.
3. Try the Beta Version
WhatsApp may be yet to finish rolling out the update to all users. If you are in the queue, it may take a few days to get the latest update and then you can use WhatsApp screen share. However, if you want to access it right now, you can do it by using WhatsApp beta.
In short, WhatsApp beta allows users to use the upcoming features before they are available to all users. However, the beta builds may also include bugs that can cause issues.
How to use WhatsApp Beta on Android:
- Open Google Play Store and search for WhatsApp.
- Tap on WhatsApp to open the app page.
- Scroll down the page until you see the Join the beta section. Tap on Join.
- Click Join again to sign up for beta access. It may take a few minutes (usually 5 minutes).
- Close Google Play Store.
- Launch Google Play Store again and go to the WhatsApp app page to check the beta joining status. If successful, you’ll see WhatsApp (Beta).
- If you see the Update button, tap on it to get the beta version of WhatsApp.
4. Reinstall WhatsApp
If you have tried the above solutions but to no avail, try reinstalling WhatsApp.
Before you uninstall the app, make sure to take a backup to avoid data loss. Then, uninstall the app and install it again from Google Play Store (Android) and App Store (iOS).
Set up your account and do a video call to check if you can see the screen sharing icon.
5. Wait for the Rollout to Complete
WhatsApp is currently rolling out the screen sharing feature to users in all countries via a software update. It can take from a couple of days to weeks for the rollout to complete. If you can’t find the option, probably your device is yet to receive the update.
Keep an eye out for the latest update and install it when available.
Here are the some useful ways to use the screen sharing feature on WhatsApp:
1. Watch videos together: WhatsApp screen share works pretty well with YouTube videos and Instagram. You and your friends can watch the same YouTube video or Instagram Reels.
2. Show your work: You can showcase your presentation or other work by sharing your screen. It is useful when collaborating on a project.
3. Tech Support: Are you a tech master in your family group? Well, you can screen share and guide them through the steps to sort out the problem.
4. Project management and planning: Working on a project along with other members? You can share your screen to show the progress and take inputs from project members.
WhatsApp screen sharing can be very useful. But, if it isn’t showing on your device, you may get disappointed. Fixing the WhatsApp screen share not showing issue should not be difficult if the solutions are implemented correctly.
If you have any questions, write them in the comment section below.
You May Also Like to Read:
1. How to Download Videos From Private Telegram Channel
2. How to Increase Download Speed in Opera GX
3. How to Switch Chrome Profile on Android